Banner.jpg.692da9ed9af2eace53e1dc94cfc0e912.jpg

Proms 28th April

Freddie

Took this morning of 28th April. Was going to add some colour but I quite like it in B&W.

gallery_7987_2082_92433.jpg

Also tried a shot with the surface and proms. Think this needs a bit more work though.

gallery_7987_2082_92259.jpg

Edited by Freddie

Hi Freddie,

Those proms are fantastic, very nice image. The trick for getting surface detail and proms ( hope I am not teaching you to suck eggs here) is to make two exposures, process and then combine later. It is very rare that you can get the surface and proms both correctly exposed.

I missed my opportunity this afternoon to get a solar picture, I went in to work to use the 3D CAD to design a new bracket for my solar scope and didn't notice it came out sunny late afternoon, so glad someone caught it.

Robin

Thanks for the comments guys.

Robin, thanks, I've done that before but decided I would have a go at using the selecton tool in PS on this one. I selected the surface only and did some processing on that and then inverted the section to select the proms and processed them. As I said, not that sure it has worked that well so maybe back to the usual process next time!!