Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

May I introduce ....

FLO

... Astroman.

Most of us already know Astroman but he has been away for a while so I think a re-post of his original introduction will be helpful.   

Good to have you back Astroman :clouds2:

Hello everyone. 

I happen to have my own observatory in SW Arizona called Stone Haven.  I do variable star research, along with a lot of public outreach as well as some stuff for NASA and the GCN... 

I've been interested in astronomy since I was a kid, spending summers in Ontario and wondering at the brilliance of the skies there in the '60's.  I finally got the chance to really start studying the night sky in the early '90's when I moved out to the sticks south of Phoenix.  Rampant curiosity drove me and here I am today.

I enjoy the physics as well as the aesthetics of stargazing.  Some accuse me of being a bit droll when I speak of black holes and whether they spin or not, but I try to dress it up enough to teach something without putting people to sleep.  Sometimes I even succeed...   

Archived