Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn April 27th IR/Colour

Space Cowboy

Managed just 2 avis last night before cloud took over. Colour run taken at 11.18pm and mono IR at 11.30pm. Seeing was terrible for the colour run but the IR once again worked miracles. 14000 frames captured in colour at 41fps and 11500 IR at 35fps 100% gain for both. Stacked 3000 from each and combined in winjupos using 1.5x drizzle for the IR. Both QHY cams used.

Combined IR & Colour :

gallery_4016_412_64497.png

Straight IR :

gallery_4016_412_17564.png

Hey Stuart, that's a very nice shot and even more so given the poor seeing. I tried but thought better of it after looking at a very turbulent Saturn on screen for an hour or so. Well done getting these!!

Pete

Excellent colour and ir-pass images Stuart - the detail on ir-pass is stunning. Very nice to see this from the QHY as I ordered mine on Saturday and hope it will arrive tomorrow - without the usual clouds and poor seeing preferably ;)

Thanks again guys. The IR filter is a Astronomik 742.

Hey spacecowboy!

Great shots, specially the IR one. Does that mean that your setup is: webcam (or DSLR) - eyepiece - IR Filter - Telescope? I have IR filters, but to use them with my DSLR i need an eyepiece after my camera in order to attach the filter to it...

Cheers,

Rui

Thanks Jake good luck with your new QHY cam if you need any help with capture settings etc drop me a pm.

Cheers Rui the IR filter screws onto the nose piece of my QHY cam but you can screw them onto barlows or extension tubes without needing an eyepiece. My setup is cam>barlow>scope.

Archived