SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My very first image,M51(big thanks to QuaterMass!)

Oily

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice Oily, makes for a great first target & was one of mine as well:-)

I am out doing the same DSO now guiding is sorted & clouds keep at bay.

How many subs was that ?

Very nice Oily, makes for a great first target & was one of mine as well:-)

I am out doing the same DSO now guiding is sorted & clouds keep at bay.

How many subs was that ?

Cheers Ewan,Approx 70 subs at 30secs,20 dark and 10 bias frames

Im sure you could do longer subs Oily, saying that though im having to battle the frequant breezes at the monent, got 3 x 10 minute subs and some 5 mins but having a brew now:-) i want to take a bash at M101 as well.

Missed this thread mate. Well done, thats a fantastic start. First ones always the hardest (he says, not actually managing the first one yet...... :rolleyes: ) Well pleased for you. :smiley:

Steve

Cheers Steve,Have you managed to sort out your camera?

Cheers Steve,Have you managed to sort out your camera?

I have mate, just waiting for that elusive clear night that doesnt coincide with me having to be up for work at 4am (twice a week 1st week then 3 times the second week rotating) :mad:

I have mate, just waiting for that elusive clear night that doesnt coincide with me having to be up for work at 4am (twice a week 1st week then 3 times the second week rotating) :mad:

Glad you've sorted it.I'm on 'lates' so just got in from imaging M13 and the Leo triplets :) Don't envy the 4AM start :eek:

Im sure you could do longer subs Oily, saying that though im having to battle the frequant breezes at the monent, got 3 x 10 minute subs and some 5 mins but having a brew now:-) i want to take a bash at M101 as well.

I've tried longer subs of 80 secs but got trailing,my polar alignment isn't spot on at the moment so i need to work on that.going to try and get this guiding scope sorting using my SPC900

Now im really jealous,is that with canon or spc,nice one.

That's with the Canon 350D mate :)

Glad you've sorted it.I'm on 'lates' so just got in from imaging M13 and the Leo triplets :) Don't envy the 4AM start :eek:

Yeah they arnt pleasant mate, although i'm finished by 2pm which means i've the rest of the day free. Doesnt help with spring nights though, by the time its properly dark im in bed. :mad:

Yeah they arnt pleasant mate, although i'm finished by 2pm which means i've the rest of the day free. Doesnt help with spring nights though, by the time its properly dark im in bed. :mad:

I know the feeling when I'm on earlys!

yeah I like that one more. It's hard not not "blacken" the sky when you start out. I do it almost everytime and have to go back and sort it.

Theres some good tips in here by swag72 that you might find interesting

http://stargazerslou...ic/184091-m101/

Thanks auspom,some good tips there,didn't know about the 'actions' you can set

Thanks auspom,some good tips there,didn't know about the 'actions' you can set

yeah, I'm not up on that bit about saving actions, it'll have to be one step at a time for now for me i'm afraid

• 2 weeks later...

Looking great dark skies allways help on ones like this. Sold my ed80 now and have not been imaging for yonks but really enjoying seeing you and others taking up the hobby and coming up with these great images. Its a fantastic past time and you meet some great people along the way keep up the good work you crazy stargazers ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Looking great dark skies allways help on ones like this. Sold my ed80 now and have not been imaging for yonks but really enjoying seeing you and others taking up the hobby and coming up with these great images. Its a fantastic past time and you meet some great people along the way keep up the good work you crazy stargazers ;-)

How come you got rid of the ED80 Mark if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sold your ED80??? :eek::confused: Have you given up imaging then? Anyway, lovely to see you here again :) How've you been?

Archived