Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

iOptron Cube-PRO with a 6" MAK ?

Jordan2013

I have been looking at a simple grab and go or just a mount to put down and use. I have seen and read about the iOptron cube pro. It states that it has a limit of 5kg but my Mak fully loaded is 6.3. I was thinking could it handle it i have read that the drive system is all metal and ball bearings. I think i could put a little extra counter weight on the bar to help things. Do you guys think i could get away with it for a simple grab and go or casual visual mount. ?

I would say no for a couple of reasons firstly ioptron tend to give their absolute max weight in an ideal setup. (They are not the only ones who don't leave much wiggle room) if it says 5kg max you can be pretty sure it is their max and probably a bit less for most setups. Secondly overloading their stated max will almost certainly invalidate any warranty.

I think the manufactures spec suggest that might be pushing it. I have a mk1 Minitower with a 5kg Mak. it's solid. I looked at the cube for a long time as i could buy 1 new instead of a used minitower.

saying all that, the mak & minitower for me are a bit to heavy for grab & go.

Archived