Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Starman

A couple of shots of the lunar partial eclipse...

Amazingly, after a foggy day in Selsey, it cleared just in time for the eclipse. Here are a couple of shots of this rather short event...

2013-04-25_Partial-Lunar-Eclipse_IMG_5097.jpg

2013-04-25_Partial-Lunar-Eclipse_IMG_5043.jpg

Pete

Nice shots Pete. I too was lucky enough to catch a brief break in the clouds and also managed to grab a quick shot....

Moon-2013-04-25.jpg

Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Steenamaroo
      Hi all,
      I've been dabbling for about a year and am having a lot of fun.
      Nothing too serious and I don't have mega expectations but I'm starting to wonder if my images could be sharper and there's something I'm missing.

I'm attaching a picture which is the best 10% of a 3 minute video with 500d 'bolted' straight to the 200p f5 scope. No filters...no barlows...just camera straight on.
      It's sharpened and saturated after the fact so in every way this is the sharpest I can get it.
      I've always had the same issue whether it's with a single shot, stacks of shots, or stacked video.
      Views through the eyepieces (circle-T 12.5/25) are mega sharp!

I'm happy that collimation is very good and it was a remarkably clear night tonight.
      All in all I'd be pretty happy with this image (maybe over exposed a bit...) if the craters with shadows didn't make me want to rub my eyes.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice!

• By Dave Baxter
      Moon shot directly from my Celestron 8SE, April 6, 2020. ISO 200, 1/320 exposure with my Canon Rebel SL2.
    • By Rhushikesh-Canisminor
      Hello!
      I have been really inactive here, so apologies.
      Here are a few images of the Solar Eclipse, happened on 21 June 2020. It was annular, but partial from Mumbai region (around 60% covered). Maximum phase of the eclipse was at around 11:30 a.m. IST.
      This is actually onset of our 4-5 months of monsoon season, so getting decent skies was a tough part. Luckily got decent cleared patches here and there with occasional rains.
      I had to use whatever I had to make a comfortable view of the eclipse, thanks to the lockdown.
      I simply took a box, made a whole of the size of the eyepiece on one end, cut the opposite side and attached a paper. I had to do little bit here and there attachments for perfect angle. But was really happy with the results. 
      One of the best experience was when I was seeing the Sun while it was drizzling at the same time.
      Thanks!
      -Rhushikesh Deshpande.

• By WiltsStarGazer
      At least some advantages to being furloughed.
      Skywatcher 130/650, 20mm EY, Celestron Smartphone mount, iPhone se.

• By ngwillym
      UPDATED  ALL SOLD
      I have too many Lunar Atlases, so it is time to say goodbye to some of them.
      All of these book are in very good - excellent condition and have hardly been used. All prices are postage paid to the UK. Payment by Paypal please - details on request
      1) Atlas of the Moon - Antonin Rukl 1996 published by Kalmback Publishing     £25 Sold - Thanks John
      2) Observing the Moon - Peter T. Wlasuk 2000 published by Springer           £12 Sold - thanks James
      3) The Hatfield SCT Lunar Atlas - edited by Jeremy Cook 2005 published by Springer      £20 Sold - Thanks Vin
      4) New Atlas of the Moon - Thierry Legault & Serge Brunier 2006 published by Firefly Books - note this is a large hard cover, spiral bound book     £15 Sold - thanks James
      5) Atlas of the Lunar Terminator - John E. Westfall 2000 published by Cambridge University Press £20 SOLD thanks Ade
      Thanks for looking
      Neil

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.