Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
CELESCOPE

NGC 1499 California Nebula

This has to be my best one to date , last night saw clear skies so was able to do some long exposures,The California Nebula was taken with the Equinox ED80, Hi-Alpha 6Nm, used, Guided with the C11 subs were 10 x 10 mins, ddp used at 4%, finished in Photoshop. and UNBINNED

Cheers

Rog

2356_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Nice one Rog, I really like that, I've got to start doing some Ha stuff (having too much fun with normal imaging lol)

.....Brian.....

Rog , was this excellent image taken with the Atik 16HR ?

Its taking me a bit of an effort to get the best from this camera , need to try longer subs.

John

Sorry John , yes it was mate ,the camera performs well even at 45 sec subs before i guided i had good results , a lot does depend on processing John, the camera will do the work for you , i had alot of practise using lower cost camera,s , where i had to learn the best ways of getting the data out of it, it will come in time , and anyway you are getting some pretty good results

Rog

That's a stunning shot Rog, full of lovely detail and texture. A beautiful image.

Very well done.

Regards

Mark

Absolutely first class Rog. You should have had that one handy for Sir Patrick, I am sure he would have been impressed with that.

Ron. :D

You said it was likely to be a 'goodun' once you'd processed it, and it most certainly is. Very nice indeed!!

So glad I managed to covert you to guiding and unbinned images. :D

Keep up the good work Rog 8)

Dave

I've been nagging him for months Dave! Colour next then Rog!!! Seriously though, that is a marvellous image, very delicate and gossamer like with perfect little stars.