SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Using an Eyepiece in Astrophotography

Hi all,

I am new to Astrophotography and need some advice please.

i have a Celestron c8ngt and 2 Canon Dslr's 7d and 450d for imaging.

i bought a t-piece ring/adaptor so I'm able to connect the cameras to the telescope (prime) but it appears if I want to use any eyepiece this is the incorrect setup.

So this is my question what do I need to be able to image with my eyepieces and Dslr's.

Thank you in advance for reading this post and taking the time to reply, it really is much appreciated.

All the best

Gwil

You will need a EP that has a thread on the viewing end, Baader and Pentax do, there will be others, they need a 43mm to 42mm adapter ring, or a Baader Coma Corrector, will attach out of the box......This picture ia a Canon 1100D plus Pentax XW ready to slide in the focus tube,,,,,

2012-05-18191335.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry both for the late reply.

Thanks for the advice Tinker1947

Umadog I will probably doing planetary and deep space, I am now toying with the idea of converting the 450d

thanks agn both

gwil

For deep sky photos you probably want to stick with prime focus to gather as much light as possible. If you insert glass in the path you'll lose significant light and lengthen exposure times. Prime focus also gives a much wider field of view. If you use an eyepiece you'll may not fit all the DSO in the frame.

The other thing to consider is chromatic aberration that the eyepiece may introduce. Good quality eyepieces will reduce this of course :)

Archived