SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The pleiades are in Orion!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pleiades (M45) are NOT and NEVER have been in the constellation of Orion as seen from Earth in the lifetime of humanity...

The Pleiades have a distance of approximately 130 parsecs (423 light years), the closest member of the Stars in Orion are more than twice this distance.

The cluster and the stars of Orion have markedly different radial velocities and that the cluster is actually moving TOWARD the area of the sky we call Orion, however the cluster will not cross the boundary line between the two for approximately 300,000 years....

If Pleiades was or is now in Orion, then all of science and all the sky atlas books will have to be rewritten. Plus the coding for Stellarium and all other computer based astronomy products.

So....

image218.png

Well, I emailed the program maker a few minutes after I posted that screen grab. Even explained how the pleiades were moving towards Orion. She is a rather rude individual. Apparently I'm wrong and she is right because she has a phd in some nonsense?! If anyone is interested I will happily post the email exchange when I get home from work.

If you type in The Pyramid Code into google one of the top hits is for a forum discussion in the David Icke website -- now wasn't he the ex sports commentator who believed he was the son of god or something. It made for interesting reading... I needed a laugh !

Malc, David Icke is brilliant. He and his followers genuinely believe that the world is ruled by a cabal of shape shifting reptile aliens. If you wish to continue laughing google the saturnian system. There are people out there that think that until 10k years ago the planets orbited Saturn and the sun is a recent arrival to our solar system!

Well, I emailed the program maker a few minutes after I posted that screen grab. Even explained how the pleiades were moving towards Orion. She is a rather rude individual. Apparently I'm wrong and she is right because she has a phd in some nonsense?! If anyone is interested I will happily post the email exchange when I get home from work.

Ask for verifiable proof. Maybe we could get it on TV like Sir Patrick Moore used to do with those Arturian people that claimed aliens lived on Venus or something. We could get Paul Abel to chuckle in the discussion as Professor Brian Cox talks normal and politely explains how dumb as a bag of Spam they all are.

David Icke is brilliant. He and his followers genuinely believe that the world is ruled by a cabal of shape shifting reptile aliens.

Mind you, if we adopt the principle of charity, and can take Icke's claim of 'crazed humanoid reptilian alien elite' ruling the world meaning something like: 'greedy, self-serving oligarchical elite", he's probably pretty much on the money :grin:

A quick google showed it's one of those pseudo-scientific alternative history programmes, Van Daniken or Graham Hancock style:

- Could the pyramids be much older than traditional Egyptology would have us believe?

- Could it be that the ancients were more technologically advanced than we are today?

- Are we really the most advanced civilization to ever live on Earth?

The subtext here is usually Atlanteans or Aliens, or possibly a combination of the two (Antaliens?), and their colonisation of the Earth in pre-historic times.

I'm surprised you got a response at all, no doubt she gets a lot of emails debunking her theories.

Mind you, if we adopt the principle of charity, and can take Icke's claim of 'crazed humanoid reptilian alien elite' ruling the world meaning something like: 'greedy, self-serving oligarchical elite", he's probably pretty much on the money :grin:

I'd have no problem with that either Qualia. The problem with Icke though is he actually believes the reptile thing!

Well, I didn't try to debunk her theory as such. I was actually very polite and only questioned the claim of the position of the pleiades, at least until she started being rude. Quite funny how her emails got less and less friendly as it went on.

What I loves was that the only evidence she had of bwing correct was that "the program has been shown in 34 countries and translated into numerous languages". Sadly, it seems I've made an enemy now.

Notaclue, I love your idea. But she said she wouldn't ever contact me again :-(

Well, I didn't try to debunk her theory as such. I was actually very polite and only questioned the claim of the position of the pleiades, at least until she started being rude. Quite funny how her emails got less and less friendly as it went on.

What I loves was that the only evidence she had of bwing correct was that "the program has been shown in 34 countries and translated into numerous languages". Sadly, it seems I've made an enemy now.

Notaclue, I love your idea. But she said she wouldn't ever contact me again :-(

Oooh, sounds like somebody was offended: How dare you question my authority! I have a PhD!

Whereas in reality, anybody claiming to be a scientist should encourage questioning of authority. Authority does not count, arguments may.

Maybe if we sent a planisphere and let her see the obvious, it may take her delusion away and become a more normal reptillian of the Alantailian species of the 7th day Heavens Gate order of the black obelisk of Omega Centuri Vorlon order.

I'll get me coat.

So, travelling home from work I finally got an email from Robert Bauval, he is the bloke actually that made the claim in the program regarding the pleiades. Bearing in mind that I sent him the image below (which I also sent to "Dr" Boulter), I think his response is brilliant.

Him: "I do not see the pleiades at all in this image"

Me: "They are there, this image for some reason shows them above Betelguese."

Him: "You mean those blue dots?? That not the pleiades."

Like I said, brilliant. When all else fails DENY.

post-29810-0-61450300-1366652523_thumb.j

Archived