5" SCT + 10mm BCO + Barlow = Problem

the issue with QC I suppose is that it's not economically viable to check every single unit so some will always slips through. to my knowledge Televue are the only mainstream producer that do check every single unit they sell.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrt QC, I'd be a bit surprised if it weren't possible to automate the process to catch the more obvious flaws. I suppose on the size if the outfit - it may be easier to deal with the odd return rather than invest in the requisite equipment.

the issue with QC I suppose is that it's not economically viable to check every single unit so some will always slips through. to my knowledge Televue are the only mainstream producer that do check every single unit they sell.

I believe ES hand test every eyepiece with a 1 minute 'dunk' test to ensure they are waterproof. if they do this im sure they also eyeball the items. they also put a serial number on every item they produce, including eyepieces for QC purposes I believe so the can track faults if there are any. I always liked that about ES products.

In fact this is probably contributing to the reason why they ae so slow at replenishing their stocks.

Archived