Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL members meet at AstroFest 8th & 9th Feb 2008 ?????

jcm

I keep finding that all recent possible meetings/star parties and the CCD imaging courses , its been impossible for me to attend.

Are any SGL members going to the AstroFest ? Perhaps we could meet at the event or in the lunch time.

Which day would you be attending? ( Friday 8th Feb or Sat 9th Feb )

John

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday for me

Robin

One advantage of going on Friday is that you get first pick of any special offers which have often gone by Saturday.

John

But you don't get the last minute deals on the Saturday - best to go both days just to make sure :D

Friday for me

Robin

One advantage of going on Friday is that you get first pick of any special offers which have often gone by Saturday.

John

But you don't get the last minute deals on the Saturday - best to go both days just to make sure :D

Better sleep there over night then :D

John

I'm in the middle of protracted negotiations with my wife over this. If I do go it'll be Saturday but I'm currently fighting to not have to take my (by then) 4 month old son with me... :?

Greg and I will probably go by train and pass through Taunton - we could meet up and travel together :D It is often shoulder-to-shoulder there and for the last two years there were no tables free at the cafe so you'd be sitting on the floor and steps. I doubt your Son would enjoy it.

I'd definitely be up for that!

Kate's suggestion that I take my boy along is a bargaining position I think to eke out a concession or two from me. (Hope she doesn't read this?).

James

Good luck with that James, personally I'd rather not go than take a child (especially mine!) with me to an event like this :shock: :shock:. Meanwhile, if anyone is heading down on the east coast mainline into King's Cross on the Saturday, I'd be happy to meet up.

Tony..

Good luck with that James, personally I'd rather not go than take a child (especially mine!) with me to an event like this :shock: :shock:. Meanwhile, if anyone is heading down on the east coast mainline into King's Cross on the Saturday, I'd be happy to meet up.

Tony..

I've no intention of taking a child - just got to hope it doesn't cost me too many brownie points...

My eldest is nearly 5 and he's bigger than Steve!!!

Harsh... :D

Archived