SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DSLR moon 16th April 2013

bm1980

Hi all i was out last night observing the moon and couldnt resist settind up the camera heres a quick snap, single RAW frame converted to jpeg, hope you like all comments are welcome as always.

Regards

Ben

post-12056-0-54346200-1366228590_thumb.j

Some nice detail there, could probably bump the contrast a touch to really make the blacks pop. What lens did you use?

Thanks, yes i agree heres one with more contrast. Sorry should have said the lense was my 127 mak DSLR attached using t ring.

Regards

Ben

post-12056-0-48083100-1366274510_thumb.j

That is amazingly sharp and clear for a single frame. You must have fired the shutter at just the right moment. One to be proud of. :smiley:

Thanks Bryan, yes the seeing was very unstable this was the best out of a bad bunch. I must have captured a brief moment of good seeing.

Regards Ben

Really impressive shot for being one sub! Nice piece of work Ben!

Thanks, i keep meaning to have a go at stacking a few to see how much more detail i can capture, but last night the bad seeing made it impossible to get enough good frames.

Regards Ben

Archived