Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Start them early!

BWBlackett

As it's getting darker sooner, and the clouds have moved away, so I decided to let my lads (2 and 4) have a look through the Dob.

First we had a look at the stars we could see with the naked eye, then I turned the Dob towards the Double Cluster, "WOW - there are loads of stars, where did they all come from?" "We had a look at Comet Holmes - obviously the 2 year old couldn't see anything buy my 4 year old saw a "really big star".

2337_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Start them young and keep them eager - that way I can get more funding from the mrs!

Brian.

That's a great family group Brian. It's a pity a lot of children miss out on bonding sessions with their dads. I hope they continue to show interest in the sky and the wonders to be found there through a spaceship telescope. :D

Ron.

Nice one Brian,

I really look forward to going out with Jamie and showing him stuff... He (and your kids as well) will have seen stuff already that very few people get to see.

He asks everyday if we can get the scope out and get's very attached to my scopes - I sold one of my scopes and he cried for ages :D

Ant

Brilliant stuff Brian

My lads love looking through my scopes, and the fact that they get to stay up late!

Meteor nights are the best, we all sit on recliners for ages and count meteors, the loser makes the hot chocolate. (Always me!)

JV (Another proud Dad.)

Archived