Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bresser Messier AR127L Exos 2 Goto

PS: my focuser is not round like the pictures in this topic it's hexagonal (and it brings 2 round short and long extensions)

it doesn't allow me enough distance to bypass the mirror diagonal even with the 2 extensions (almost but not) - maybe i'm doing something wrong...

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone

Hope I'm not hijacking the thread but I just got a bresser on loan and I'm not confident enough to star a thread of my own as this is my first post here.

Anyway. It's a 152s on an exos 2. The views are amazing when compared to my old fuzzy-star reflector. E.g. the Perseus double cluster and surrounding areas show it off well. Pin points of light against totally black space. 

My only problem is with the mount. I've taken up the maximum amount of slack on the dec worm (using the 3 screw system and loosening the middle screw totally before tighening) but still need more. The only way I can see to be able to correct this is by filing say 1/2 mm of the shoulders.  Anyone? Any advice most gratefully received.

TIA

Hello and welcome to the forum :smiley:

I don't know the answer to your question I'm afraid but I would start a new thread on it if I were you. Down here on the end of this thread it might not get noticed too much.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello and welcome to the forum :smiley:

I don't know the answer to your question I'm afraid but I would start a new thread on it if I were you. Down here on the end of this thread it might not get noticed too much.

Hi

I got it tight, with the help and patience of Bresser. You certainly need to do a lot of work before the mount is ready, well, this example at least.

Would it be possible to ask the OP if he has noticed anything unusual about the chromatic aberration? I took a photo and noticed it was distorted unevenly (it wasn't circular around the stars). Toward the edge, it points toward the centre.

Thanks.

Full frame example:post-48401-0-61813600-1452272496_thumb.j

Archived