Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Danubia Pocket telescope - Disappointment

Matt1979

I have recently bouth a Danubia 25x30 Pocket Telescope as I wanted to have a go with low-power instruments more (I regularly use a 3-inch Celestron refractor). The Danubia telescope seemed interesting but when I was trying to focus it I could hear a rattling on the inside - it only had one of those blasted aperture stops and it had come loose!

I wouldn't have expected a Danubia product to have an aperture stop. When I shook the telescope to get the stop into place, I could see that though the view was clear, the images looked dim, much dimmer than with a 20x pair of binoculars. I wonder if I can have the telescope fixed so the aperture stop can either be put back in its place to removed completely? There is a camera shop a few miles from me (who also sell telescopes) so I don't know if they could possibly do it.

Are you sure that it is an aperture stop and not a light baffle?. A 25x30 telescope would have a dimmer image than a 20x binocular unless it was a 20x30 binocular, which seems unlikely. :smiley:

It looks more like an aperture stop, I need to take a closer look. I didn't realise the image would be dimmer with a 25x30 telescope, apologies for my lack of knowledge! I am just surprised that it came loose within seconds after I started focusin the telesope.

It looks more like an aperture stop, I need to take a closer look. I didn't realise the image would be dimmer with a 25x30 telescope, apologies for my lack of knowledge! I am just surprised that it came loose within seconds after I started focusing the telescope.

Sorry but I have a question, Please explain the point of a 20x30 telescope??? I cannot figure one out.

I just wanted to use one as well as using binoculars, I just thought a pocket telescope would be an interesting change from binoculars.

Cool idea, terrible product. A couple of years back I purchased a Danubia refractor on a whim for about £60 ish and promptly sent it straight back. Rubbish !

I had heard that some Danubia refractors weren't good, but I wasn't sure if the pocket telescope would be the same. It seems Danubia's telescopes are a similar quality to Tasco's.

Archived