Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC2403, LRGB

rfdesigner

Hi

I've been pushing things a little more and have manged to sort out a few minor problems that were soaking imaging time. Sadly I still lost a few frames due to the scope fouling the table the laptop was on.. note: need longer power cables! So this is a composite of 7 x 300s L, 15 x 100s R G B. I did have 15 L frames but the FWHM suffered from the collision of the scope and the table :-(

I like this target so will aim to add some more detail to this one.. looks like there are some significant Ha starforming regions in this Galaxy, so next out I'll have to put some narrowand frames in, as well as a lot more L.

All processed in IRIS.

thanks for looking.

Derek

ngc_2403_lrgb.jpg

What a lovely result,even with less Luminance than you would have liked.So glad you did,nt process the meteor trail out,that.s a natural image.

Very nice.

Mick.

That would be a satellite rather then a meteor. Lovely image. I'd try to remove the satellite myself. It detracts from the image.

Thanks for the comments. I had a good go at removing the satellite trail.. using a tight sigma clip with two passes, and it is a LOT dimmer than it started out in the original sub, with more data I'll be able to quash it completely.

This was the first time I managed to get my long aimed for 2 arc sec FWHM, and I got it in the corners as well as the middle so the new Baader MPCC MkIII seems to be doing it's job well. Lots still to do though.

Derek

Archived