NGC2392 Eskimo PN via C11

pbenni

Here is a high resolution image of the Eskimo planetary nebula (NGC2392) using a C11 EdgeHD at f10 using a ST-8300C ccd. Seeing was very good at the time, which is uncommon for where I live.

Image details 3 minute exposure x 30. 3 minute guided exposures was the max I could get round stars with the C11 on a CGEM mount.

Paul

post-30031-0-74459500-1365907661_thumb.j

Fantastic Paul - well done.

Imaging at 2800mm focal length is not easy and I have trouble with guiding that set-up too. I did a DIY hypertune of my CGEM DX which has helped but the real learning point on my mount was that the taper bearing on the Dec axis was too tight causing the Dec axis to stick a tiny bit. Simple job to correct, you just slacken off the retaining nut...

Anyway, great image. This is a small, small, target and you've captured and processed it briliiantly. Great colour for only 3 minute subs on a slow scope.

Well done!

Fantastic Paul - well done.

Imaging at 2800mm focal length is not easy and I have trouble with guiding that set-up too. I did a DIY hypertune of my CGEM DX which has helped but the real learning point on my mount was that the taper bearing on the Dec axis was too tight causing the Dec axis to stick a tiny bit. Simple job to correct, you just slacken off the retaining nut...

Anyway, great image. This is a small, small, target and you've captured and processed it briliiantly. Great colour for only 3 minute subs on a slow scope.

Well done!

Hi,

The CGEM mount I used was hypertuned. However the weight of the OTA, OAG, and camera was 37.5 lbs, very close to the 40 lbs limit of the CGEM. I then got a G11-Gemini2 with the 60 lbs limit, which handles my setup ( now at ~43lbs with reducer) much better, with exposures to 10 minutes. The CGEM works great with my 80mm refractor.

thanks

Paul

Archived