SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Room for one more?

Parallax

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while and thought that it was time to join (gremlins seem to have crept in during the registration process but Grant has sorted that out - thanks Grant).

Although I have been interested in astronomy nearly all my life, it was only 8 years ago that I bought my first 'scope (a cheap 4.5" reflector). A couple of years ago I sold it, but sort of regretted it. The other week the young lad next door mentioned he has got a 'scope, one of those small Tasco refractor ones, and that rekindled my enthusiasm (coupled with the fact that I have recently moved to a small village NE of Ipswich were light pollution is quite low). I stumbled upon this forum, during researching what I should buy, and have now got a 102mm refractor, an EQ5 and an Explorer 200. I'll be imaging with the old Connectix (Logitech) B/W webcam. I had limited success with this webcam in the past, but now that I have got some half decent kit we'll see what it can do.

Steve

Archived