Narrowband

Deep Omega Centauri

strongmanmike

Hi Guys!

Well last night again saw excellent conditions here at Wallaroo YAY! Finally I can put this scope through the gears!

I collected the colour for my deep galaxy shot I started two nights ago, plus some more lum just to make sure!... and there was just enough time left to squeeze this 34min (yep that’s all) worth of LRGB on this amazing globular cluster in our Southern skies. It was getting a bit low for an optimal result but that quadrant of my sky is the darkest section Omega gets into so I went for it…didn’t think I’d be able to see the galactic cirrus though in just 16min of luminance!!!

Well, there is galactic Cirrus dust permeating the whole field but is particularly noticeable across the bottom of the full frame version

Full Frame: http://www.pbase.com...650513/original (no sharpening to keep the glowing look)

And who doesn’t like to see deep inside this beast’s core..?

The Core: http://www.pbase.com...650558/original

Stay tuned for the deep galaxy shot next…..

He he who’s having fun…??

post-29703-0-78021800-1365837515_thumb.j

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great stuff mate. I was out at Temora last year while I was back home for a while. Best skies I've EVER seen. Do us a favour and get stuck into the LMC for a bit of imaging. Give us northerners a bit of a treat :)

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, glad you like it, with such an incredible subject it is hard to take a bad picture of it, Omega Cen really is the Elle McPherson of the sky :female:

Even the Queen would swear the first time she saw it through a scope!!

Archived