Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your Scope

Pig

With respect folks, we have a section for members equipment photos - I'm not sure it's a great idea to start another one !.

I'll copy this thread into that section and leave a link here. Hope thats OK :smiley:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good lord badgerchap that 300P is a monster! Is the NEQ6 up to the job? Have you tried imaging with it?

Hi Dave,

Surprisingly the NEQ6 seems to manage quite well, although I must admit I was fairly shocked! Have had a dabble in imaging but a collimation issue prevents me from showing off the results :) Not too bad tracking wise though, I'll post something when these pesky clouds shift :)

Posted via Tapatalk on an ageing iPhone so please excuse any erroneous spellings or accidental profanities!

My Astro-Tech 6" Imaging Newtonian arrived. Here are the 2 current setups with iOptron iEQ30.

Canon 5D MkIII + Canon EF 100-400L + Orion Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope + StarShoot AutoGuider + iOptron iEQ30

2013-04-01a.jpg

Astro-Tech 6" Imaging Newtonian + iOptron iEQ30

2013-04-10a.jpg

Some many cables but i would like to thank you i modded my scope with rings after you answered me when i asked what the blue ring on your scope was so thank you very much.

That one big scope :laugh:

My Astro-Tech 6" Imaging Newtonian arrived. Here are the 2 current setups with iOptron iEQ30.

Canon 5D MkIII + Canon EF 100-400L + Orion Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope + StarShoot AutoGuider + iOptron iEQ30

2013-04-01a.jpg

Astro-Tech 6" Imaging Newtonian + iOptron iEQ30

2013-04-10a.jpg

I couldn't open these :smiley:

Here are my trio.

Orion Optics 300 SPX 12" F/5.3 on a "Moonshane" dob base.

Vixen ED102SS 4" F/6.5 ED on the Skywatcher AZ-4 mount.

Skywatcher ED120 4.7" F/7.5 ED on the Ambermille Alt-Az mount / CG5 tripod / 16" pillar extension.

post-118-0-16165800-1365702829_thumb.jpg

post-118-0-36370200-1365702839_thumb.jpg

post-118-0-39019700-1365702849_thumb.jpg

Hi Dave,

Surprisingly the NEQ6 seems to manage quite well, although I must admit I was fairly shocked! Have had a dabble in imaging but a collimation issue prevents me from showing off the results :) Not too bad tracking wise though, I'll post something when these pesky clouds shift :)

Posted via Tapatalk on an ageing iPhone so please excuse any erroneous spellings or accidental profanities!

Thanks badgerchap.

I'm sort-of investigating possible longer FL imaging rigs (For the long term) and have the 300 PDS on the list along with the 190 MN. Both of which would, of course, require a mount upgrade.

By the time I'm ready for either I would guess the EQ8 will be released.

If I'm honest I'd much rather have a smaller maksutov or Schmidt, but then the 300P is on semipermanent loan so wins on price! It's a bit of a behemoth though, so I might have to save some pennies for a nice C11 :)

Archived