Narrowband

Iris from Cornwall

Shibby

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the kind comments!

I have a newly processed version that has Rob (Uranium235)'s data combined in. I added this to the core, as it provided extra detail and colour, particularly after a little sharpening, which was possible due to the lower noise in the brighter areas. I also have fixed a few dark halos from my inept use of a star layer and pushed the background even further. Too far? would be interested in opinions!

Rob is working on a CCD luminance mosaic, so eventually we'll be combining that in too :)

gallery_5051_1080_1401668.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you all!

It was near a village called Ladock. I'm not saying conditions were perfect (the transparency wasn't great the night I was imaging this) but it was very dark indeed - I couldn't detect any orange glow at all with my eyes!

I used to live in Ladock, half way between St Austell and Turo - unbelievable dark skies as I remember. So jealous - I have only just got the same equipment and can only dream of getting the results you have!

Nice one and an inspiration

I used to live in Ladock, half way between St Austell and Turo - unbelievable dark skies as I remember.

It was lovely and dark! Tempted to move back? I know it makes me want to move :)

Here's a stack of some images taken from the back of the cottage. I'm not very good at widefields but hopefully it gives some idea of the skies (ignoring the clouds - there are so bright due to my poor processing):

post-5051-0-32580700-1375178589_thumb.jp

Archived