SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M33

centroid

Having been out most of the day, it was quite late when I got back home last night, but seeing that clear dark sky, I couldn't resist having a late night (02.00hrs) :D

Here's a composite of 12x300 sec subs, of M33, taken with the SXVF-H9C, 12" LX20R + f/3.3 FR.

Dave

post-13389-133877333811_thumb.jpg

Couldn't make it any wider Rog, as that was the 3.3FR, but with the 3048mm native focal length of the scope, even with the 3.3, the focal length is still 990mm.

Realistically, I'm probably getting nearer to f/5, which means an effective focal length of 1500mm.

Dave

Just mind blowing Dave. I take a great deal of interest in your images for obvious reasons. Although your scope is a more advanced instrument in a lot of areas, the optics are similar to a certain extent. If I could anticipate achieving an image half as good as that, I would be over the moon.

By the way Dave, I copied your obsy internal colour. I got some Sky Blue from Wickes last week, and the inside is finished. And, wait for it, I managed to do exactly the same thing as you, in forgetting to allow for the guide scope passing through the front flap of the roof, so I too have had to modify it in a similar way to you. Getting to the end now though. Thank goodness. It's been a long slog.

Anyway, sorry about that rant.

A great image mate.

Ron.

Ron the only real difference is the Ritchey Chretien optics, and all these do is to be 'flat' right out to the edges, hence no coma.

So, your scope is more then capable of producing 'top notch' images. I can't recall what camera you are using.

I would say that capturing the images, is the easy bit, and its the processing that 'makes' or 'breaks' an image.

There's no doubt that image processing is quite a learning curve, and one that I'm still 'getting to grips' with. I'm a firm believer, that practice and patience is 'key', and learning by experimentation and mistakes.

I've still a lot to learn, but the challenge is what gives the motivation.

Ok on the interior colour for the obsy :D. Mine was B&Q brand matt emulsion.

Glad to hear that I'm not alone in overlooking, the gap for the guide scope. :D

Dave

Archived