Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

The Sailor

Nice night tonight

I have been up to the dark site, managed a few classics M42 M45 jupiter (best views with BST15mm), Alcor/mizor double, Mintaka double, tried to split sirius, no joy, and still only managed the four main components of the trapezium.

it got pretty cold and could not find much else so came home

Hiya Jim,

Its not so good here tonight, clarity wise, it looks like a sky full of candy floss but it is warm :smiley: .

It was great was great last night until about 2:30am, I managed to get some great vies of Saturn & Hercules :laugh:

Can't say it cold here Jules, I think maybe I have a bit too much clothing on, althought it's about 2' there is no wing so not too bad.

I had a bit of a disaster last nght Shaun, laptop decided to go belly up, thnk I have been overloading it and it was just the start of the night. Done a bit of remedial work today so fingers crossed all wil be well.

Jim

Not too bad here after a rather dismal start.

I got some subs of the Leo Triplet through some distinctly orange candy-floss, but it's cleared away, so after taking some darks I've moved on to M51. I'll use the darks for boths sets of images then do my flats tomorrow.

It's chilly but not as bad as recently.

We still need some rain and wind to clear the air though.

Bagged M64 and Vesta, Jupiter looked good with sharp bands so I'm happy.

I think I'll knock it on the head after this imaging run, as the sky's still a bit gack.

Pity after all the cloud we've had but it's really not worth pushing on.

Imaging run finished, mount parked, kit brought in.

Now to turn in.

Clear dark skies to one and all!

I had a bit of a disaster last nght Shaun, laptop decided to go belly up, thnk I have been overloading it and it was just the start of the night. Done a bit of remedial work today so fingers crossed all wil be well.

Jim

Computers, like there isn't enough to go wrong as it is - mind you its sorted now :grin:

Edited by Pig
  • Like 1