Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A day to Remember at Sir Patricks

CELESCOPE

What a day , i woke up this morning , still thinking of that evening which will remain with me for a long time , the evening was so relaxed ,and like Steve has said , what a really nice man Sir Patrick is , although he cant move about much , he has a great sense of humour, and still has that twinkle in his eye ,

I just sat there very quiet for a while just listening to every word he was saying, then after a while i asked him if he could sign my Book ,

Lovely book he replied, and he said i,m still waiting for mine , now thats a thought i have ordered 4 books, so maybe i can pip him at the post and present one to him , but anyway , we all went out to look at the scopes , a huge dome about 17 ft across i would think , could fit a few of my domes in there lol.

Steve has taken a pic of that so you can see , after looking around the other Obs , we went back inside, and carried on chatting , i jumped on Sirs Puter ,and we looked at the past winners of POW, and asked him to choose his Fav image , to which he did, the lucky winner was Martin B, he has asked for a print from Martin , also he has signed a heading paper thanking Martin , i will send this to Martin later on .

And then surprise , i called Martin on the land line , and passed him over to Sir Patrick , for a little natter ,

HAVE YOU COME BACK OFF THE FLOOR YET MARTIN,LOL .

Anyway the whole evening was something i shall never forget , my thanks to Trevor for arranging this , thank you so much Trev.

I have posted a piccy of the SGL group with the MAN HIMSELF

Rog

2290_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

You are a very lucky bunch of guys. The experience is going to be with you for ever, actually being with the great one himself in his home, must give you all a thrill that will never go away. Tremendous, and I envy you all so much :D :D :D

But, I also congtratulate you all because you obviously deserve to be there.

Well done lads, and I hope there are more pictures to come.

Ron. :D

What a memorable evening, with a man that has done so much to promote amateur astronomy, over many decades.

Only sorry that a family commitment prevented me from being there with you all.

What a nice accolade for Martin that was too.

Dave

I could of spent all night and all of today listening to Patrick.

His body may be lagging but BOY what a mind and wit !!!!

It was a fantastic evening and one that i wont be able to forget for a long time.Patrick even kept on apologising for the clouds and the fact we couldn't use his scope.In this world of celebrity and Instant fame this Gentleman put all the "celebs" to shame by his manner and humbleness.

I just hope he has a good few more years in him because the world will be a smaller place without.

I was washing the pots, I had a call and thought it was my wife, Rog came on the line and said "got Sir Patrick here for you". Oh yes pull the other one :D Next thing I know I'm speaking to Sir Patrick Moore whilst drying a frying pan. "Well thank you for taking the trouble Sir Patrick" I said, "Oh just Patrick please" says he. "Any way, can't stand here chatting cos I've got a casserole dish here with stuff burnt on and you know how hard they are to clean" isn't what I said next :insects1:

Wow, I need a support to hold my jaw up.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived