Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
shifter

M33 with first time guiding

Everything is going right tonight as I sit here in the warm room, I actually managed to get the guiding working so I thought I would see what 6 5 minute subs would yield. Here's the result....

6x300 sec @ iso 1600

LXD55 SN10

Canon 350d + Neodymium filter

Stacked with Maxim dl

processed with PS CS2

.....Brian.....

2289_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

A few more subs for this one is in order i think

Looking very good Brian. There appears to be a lighter coloured rectangle on the right of the image, so I think its possible that one sub. got misaligned. Sorting that out should make the image a lot better. The guiding looks like it works fine, and that M33 is a right blighter to capture.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Great effort Brian. I too can see the rectangle KK refers to, and I am pleased he gave you a remedy coz I couldn't :D

I do know M33 is not a gimme, so you can be mighty pleased with this.

Ron. :D

Looking very good Brian. There appears to be a lighter coloured rectangle on the right of the image, so I think its possible that one sub. got misaligned. Sorting that out should make the image a lot better.

Kaptain Klevtsov

I've had a look through all the subs and I can't see anything wrong with any of them, I've even re-stacked them twice and the rectangle is still there.....very odd. Could it be anything else do you think, the optics ?

I think one sub is getting stacked out of register. If you try stacking using manual star selection you might get rid of the problem.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Ok I'll give that a go right now

Well I never :shock: :shock: I'm very much in your debt KK, its made a hell of a lot of difference, take a look

.....Brian.....

2321_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Looks like you've got the guiding spot on. Well done on that, a major step.