CG5 GT mount - RA and Dec locking of axis issues.

Telescope40

Hi All. Noticed after fully locking up both axis on my mount with the "thumb - levers" ?!? , when I have had my 200p attached, the dec axis was not holding the mount in place. It slowly "slid away" - result. Start align procedure again.

I have undone the levers to show a square nut underneath and have re attached the levers 90 degrees as to where they were before. Seems to allow me to tighten both axis levers somewhat tighter than before.

They dont seem to hit any of the mounts housings when aligning or slewing.

Anyone know of any issue with me doing this, in case I've missed the blindingly obvvious or is this a "job done" ?

John

I agree about the post above. I don't think there'll be any problem with moving the levers through 90 degrees, but if the scope is properly balanced it should hold without much tightening. I've never tightened mine any more than finger and thumb tight, and it holds my Skywatcher 120/1000 frac no bother.

Archived