self centering adaptor

faulksy

I'm going to get one next month from Altair Astro, same thing different branding. Want to get a perfect centre for my EPs as I use a self centered lazer to collimate it aligns the light path to the exact centre. Although my other fittings are compression rings they offset from centre ever so slightly.

EDIT: Altair's offering looks maringally cheaper, dunno what the P&P of each is

http://www.altairastro.com/product.php?productid=16455&cat=261&page=1

I have an Orion branded one on my Dob. It works perfectly for me. My hands seize up in the cold, so tiny little thumb screws are a right pain. The nice big twist ring is much easier to use.

I'm going to get one next month from Altair Astro, same thing different branding. Want to get a perfect centre for my EPs as I use a self centered lazer to collimate it aligns the light path to the exact centre. Although my other fittings are compression rings they offset from centre ever so slightly.

EDIT: Altair's offering looks maringally cheaper, dunno what the P&P of each is

http://www.altairast...&cat=261&page=1thanks stargazer looks just the job.good price as well

I have an Orion branded one on my Dob. It works perfectly for me. My hands seize up in the cold, so tiny little thumb screws are a right pain. The nice big twist ring is much easier to use.

orion looks good as well, had been looking at the antares from rvo but they are always out of stock, and they all look the same. thanks guys

I have the Revelation and a 2" click lock. The click lock is much better in terms of locking speed. The Revelation is a slower and can take a few turns to lock and unlock an eyepiece.

The Revelation has a massive grip band, so it can grip Meade and other eyepieces with excessively deep safety undercuts because it is long enough to completely ignore the undercut. The Revelation can also grip Nikon MC fieldscope eyepieces. I don't have a Baader 1.25" so I don't know how it will perform against eyepiece with excessive undercut or MC field scope eyepieces. However, the twist lock in my 1.25" Nikon barlow cannot grip Meade eyepieces because the undercut is too deep.

Archived