M13 with the new beastie!

badgerchap

Previous versions of M13 have been.....mixed, to say the least. This one still certainly has issues, for example my flats failed. Somehow the camera changed the size of them. Might have been something to do with the fact I used the camera shutter control while it was still hooked up to APt, but unsure really. Also the rather large SW300P is unguided and very heavy, even for an NEQ6, so there's a good bit of egging, and my focus is rubbish as I haven't yet made a Bhatinov. However, I'm still awfully please with this, mainly because there are so many stars in the image, and it's such a dramatic improvement on what my much smaller scopes can manage. Anyway, enough waffle.

21 x 45s @ ISO 800 with 20 Darks, no flats (unfortunately - they were my first try):

post-4964-0-65514000-1365163150_thumb.jp

I am pleased with the colours here - just having that much definition between the blue and the gold is lovely. This really was stunning through the eyepiece, I'm falling deeply in love with this 300P, even if it is a removed word for AP.

P.S. Quite interested to know what the mod's will make of my use of 'removed word' as a profanity!

great start, I would imagin the 300 is a beast, I struggle with my 200 lol,

looking as close as possible at the picture I woulds say

you have a collimation problem and or coma,

once you get sorted i will be watching with intrest as I do fancy one of thoes myself

I just need to purchase a crane to load it on my mount :Envy:

I have a Baader MPC so I think coma 'should' be minimal, but yes, definitely collimation. The scope's on semi-permanent loan. Don't think I'd buy one for AP personally but seeing as its free....:)

Posted via Tapatalk on an ageing iPhone so please excuse any erroneous spellings or accidental profanities!

Have taken delivery of serial to USB adapter today so will be trying guiding again tonight. Also collimated earlier today so hopefully this should improve!

Posted via Tapatalk on an ageing iPhone so please excuse any erroneous spellings or accidental profanities!

Have taken delivery of serial to USB adapter today so will be trying guiding again tonight. Also collimated earlier today so hopefully this should improve!

Hopefully clear skies and we can all have a go, hope your guiding works out.

Archived