Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Newbie on a hill

Dinger

Hi everyone.

Complete newbie here. I've been interested for years without pursuing astronomy but me and my son have dived in together. We've ordered a Skywatcher 127 (Cassegrain) on a GoTo EQ mount. It should have been here today but, apparently, Fedex's next-working-day delivery means something else entirely.

We did some research before ordering; almost settling on a Celestron 8" Newtonian but some reviews said you can end up doing contortions to see through it so we settled for the Skywatcher.

No doubt we'll have loads of questions when we get started but ta ta for now.

(Dammit it's clear as a bell tonight too)

:sad:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dinger,

Congrats on the new scope and hope it comes tomorrow for you. Whenever you're ready to ask your questions, stick them up on the appropriate board and you'll get a lot of helpful answers! If you haven't seen it already, have a look at Stellarium. Its free to download and use and is a brilliant piece of software for planning your evening's viewings :)

Hi and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on ordering your scope but what a shame the delivery has been delayed - especially as we have had one or two clear skies lately.

Lots of help and advice waiting for your question so don't hesitate to ask as and when the need arises in the appropriate section.

Clear skies for its delivery and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Archived