sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

AstroMedia Astronomy & Science Kits

I received the ORRERY kit as a gift for Christmas. I have not looked at it until now but due to the shortages mentioned above, I had a quick look at mine. Regrettably I found that a number of parts are missing. Namely all the magnets, the moon and earth

spheres, some wood dowels and cardboard tubes. There may be more but that's as far as I got. I have not checked the "Bogens".

Disappointing, but I shall contact FLO when they return from the Hols.

Ron

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Et Viola Just need to do a bit of fine tuning to get it running smoothly but everything is working as it should .

oh god more money to spend with flo when will it stop haha

Oooohhhh you mean the Orrery !!! Picture at the end of day one

Posted Images

That sounds like one of the plastic bags is missing from the " big " bag of parts.

It is a shame but it looks like the packers at Astromedia being a bit careless , and nobody checking the accuracy of the contents :(

We are really sorry to hear about the issues with the Orrery kit - we have taken it off sale while we investigate.

Please rest assured we will sort this.

Our office is still closed until Monday but we will do our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.

• Like 1

We had a response from astromedia and they said you can use sheet 12 as 13 it's just the numbers are different and it's less colourful, they also offered to send a new sheet 13 but I'll have a look and see if the numbers check out and if so I'll just use the two page 12's.

They have been pretty good with their response so I thank them for that.

Just found out that my Orrery was purchased from Sherwoods not FLO as I assumed. So apologies for starting the Hare running.

I am taking this up with Sherwoods and hope that I will get the same service from them that I would have had from FLO.

Of course the problem remains the same i.e., the kit was supplied - presumably from the manufacturers - with many missing parts.

Ron

one thing ron is if it wasnt for you we might not of noticed for another few weeks where it would be too late so thanks for spotting it!

at least its conforting that its not just FLO that have had a batch of missing packs but another astro dealer too

When I saw this thread from home during the Christmas break I feared we would reopen to an avalanche of emails at our helpdesk, but we have received only one.  I have just phoned Astromedia's UK importer, they have distributed several hundred Orreries and are aware of only two people with wrong/missing parts and one of them appears to be the person who emailed us. 

Rest assured if anyone emails us saying they are missing a page or part we'll send a replacement ASAP.  Promise  :smile:

We will also check our remaining stock before making them available to buy again.  

@continuum, I think we must have forgotten to pack one of the bags but if you email us we will dispatch one straight away  :blush:

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

I've just checked mine and I too have 2x page12 and no 13.  I also thought I didn't have a Sun!  but just checked with Mike who bought it and as it was not in the packet he thought it was a Christmas freebee from FLO, used it as a Christmas decoration, and its now packed away with the decorations in the loft  :shocked:  :grin:

Helen

• Like 2

I received the ORRERY kit as a gift for Christmas. I have not looked at it until now but due to the shortages mentioned above, I had a quick look at mine. Regrettably I found that a number of parts are missing. Namely all the magnets, the moon and earth

spheres, some wood dowels and cardboard tubes. There may be more but that's as far as I got. I have not checked the "Bogens".

@continuum, I think we must have forgotten to pack one of the bags but if you email us we will dispatch one straight away   :blush:

Steve as mentioned in my earlier post, my kit came from Sherwoods not FLO as I thought originally ( it was a present).

My son , the purchaser, is awaiting a reply from Sherwoods.

Ron

Aaaah, that explains the indignant look I received from the ladies in dispatch when I suggested they had missed something  B)

I had better go and apologise.... 

Steve 

We are are posting 1x sheet-13 to Kai and 1x sheet-10 to Helen for delivery Friday or Saturday. (We are also dispatching 1x sheet-13 to another customer but I don't think they have posted in this thread). 

As far as we can tell that is everyone but if you are reading this and have purchased an orrery (from us) with a missing sheet please email us :smile: 

Thank-you for your patience  :icon_salut:

Steve

• Like 1

All complete now:)

Delivered at 6:30am by a jovial short wearing Postie !!

Ah yes, the great British Postie. They really are great  B)

Seriously, they are. The vast majority of posted items arrive on time and posted items very rarely go missing.

They, and dependable couriers like FedEx (don't believe everything you read, they are remarkably good) are the unsung heroes that enable dependable online retail  :icon_salut:

Steve