SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn help please.

ben_e71

Saw my first view of Saturn last night with my 4se. Obviously it's not huge in the scope but it does look great.

So I thought I would try and take a picture of it with my 550d I have connected to the scope. The trouble is it was just a small dot of light when I took a picture. If I used the zoom on the live view screen I got a decent view using x5 or x10.

Therefore it seems some sort of lens between the camera and the scope might help. Or am I just pushing the kit too much?

If not other than the Celestron Barlow camera connector is there anything else I should use?

Thanks. All help gratefully received.

Ps Saturn did blow me away through the scope - but already wishing I had a bigger scope :0)

You really need to ramp up focal length but a Barlow will help or 2 Barlows stacked together. If you use a say 5cm extension on your 2xBarlow you will get 3x. You need to experiment and too long exposure will kill the detail, you need a short exposure to show the belts of Jupiter.

John.

I have been conencting the camera via the C-90 T adapter. HOw do I intorduce Barlow's into this setup as it appears to only have the thread at one end for the T-ring and the smaller thread at the other to cennect to the back of the scope?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived