QHY5v / PHD problems - please help!

badgerchap

Mysterious problems going on. I am using a QHY5v and PHD with an EQ5 ST-4 guideport mod. PHD is connected to the mount via the on-camera setting and receives an image from the cam. However when it tries to calibrate, there is no signal being received at the handset. The connections and soldering in the handset test fine, and PHD thinks its calibrating, so somehow there is no signal originating in the cam.

Any ideas greatly appreciated! The problem must either reside in the camera itself or between the PC and the cam.

Posted via Tapatalk on an ageing iPhone so please excuse any erroneous spellings or accidental profanities!

Can you move the mount through the PHD controls? There's an option to move the mount manually in the menu's, that would tell you whether the signal was getting to the mount from the PC - Could be something as simple as the ST4 cable - I've had to replace one before and now I always have a spare cable knocking around.

ST-4 cable has been circuit tested - no problems there.

How do you move the mount manually in PHD? I tried 'Manual Guide' but when I clicked the option nothing happened :/

Posted via Tapatalk on an ageing iPhone so please excuse any erroneous spellings or accidental profanities!

Hi there,

You need to listen close to the mount to hear the motor moving when you select manual guide in PHD after you press either North South East or West button. Recently , I have problem with North South calibration and realized the ST4 cable needs to be pushed in tight into the QHY5 camera, I now taped the ST4 cable to the camera and since than I never encounter the North South calibration issues again. This may not be your case but worth checking

Kim

Archived