SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Herts

Pippa01

Hello, I received a Skywatcher Skyliner 150p for my birthday yesterday and was delighted to observe Jupiter almost immediately last night. I have always had a keen interest in astronomy but never had the time or the equipment to take it further.

I am sure that there's an AWFUL lot to learn so here goes. I shall no doubt have many, many questions to ask. :-)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello, I received a Skywatcher Skyliner 150p for my birthday yesterday and was delighted to observe Jupiter almost immediately last night. I have always had a keen interest in astronomy but never had the time or the equipment to take it further.

I am sure that there's an AWFUL lot to learn so here goes. I shall no doubt have many, many questions to ask. :-)

Now that is what I call proper birthday present!

Welcome t SGL

Sent from my it900 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Pippa... You are doubly lucky!

New scope AND two nights clear skies.

welcome

I would have been lucky having a 2nd night of clear skies if I wasn't joining stargazing forums, trying to find which eyepiece I should now buy, and trying to figure out how to make the toddler sleep longer in the morninsg so I can stay awake looking upwards. :grin:

I would have been lucky having a 2nd night of clear skies if I wasn't joining stargazing forums, trying to find which eyepiece I should now buy, and trying to figure out how to make the toddler sleep longer in the morninsg so I can stay awake looking upwards. :grin:

And with the clocks having gone forward you've got to stay up even later to get the views! I know, I'm in the same boat!

Welcome to the forum!

Mike

EDIT: Or you could creep out in the wee, wee hours because the sun is rising "later" if your toddler stays asleep!

Archived