Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
shifter

more flame than horse

This is the last one of the four taken on the morning of the 9th Nov. Not really too well framed but it shows how accurate the goto is on the EQ-6 pro. short subs again (must get out there and tweak the drift).

30x60sec subs @ iso1600

LXD55 SN10

Canon 350d + Neodymium filter

Stacked with Maxim dl

other proc with PS CS2 and Noel's actions

.....Brian.....

2263_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Nice result Brian! I've tried this with my 350 and not really got anything! Is yours modded?

You have picked up a good deal of detail for such short exposures. :salute:

Subs need to be longer and then you can reduce the ISO to 800 , also turn the camera 90 deg makes framing easier but is nice to these objects with their correct orientation ( north up)

John

PS Just noticed you are not autoguiding , but good polar alignment and PEC training my let you increase the subs length.

Nice result Brian! I've tried this with my 350 and not really got anything! Is yours modded?

Not modded yet Grant but thats the next project on the list.

You have picked up a good deal of detail for such short exposures. :salute:

Subs need to be longer and then you can reduce the ISO to 800 , also turn the camera 90 deg makes framing easier but is nice to these objects with their correct orientation ( north up)

John

PS Just noticed you are not autoguiding , but good polar alignment and PEC training my let you increase the subs length.

Yes the drift does need a little tweak, only installed the new mount on Thurs 8th so not really sat down and concentrated on getting the drift spot on and of course the pec training is going to take some time. TBH I just wanted to get the new mount operational and see what it can do, I also need to observe the acronym R.T.F.M lol :nono:

.....Brian.....

Yep , take your point Brian. With 100+ posts I did not realise you had only just got your mount in the last few days.

John

I quite like the framing Brian, nice to see the flame take centre stage. A very dramatic image.

A fine effort Brian, and when you do get top notch alignment, then we are in for a treat I reckon.

Ron.