SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Solar proms 1/04/2013

allcart

My best image from today, not perfect but better. I tried adding colour, but need a bit more practice. I tad oversharpened, with a bit of a glow.

DMK41 with Lunt LS60T ha. 100 frames from 200 stacked in RS6 finished in CS5.

post-25425-0-25009700-1364852776_thumb.p

They are nice Allan. These particular proms were feint and that is the reason for the glow. Sharpening is fine for me, my only suggestion, a few more frames and then select a lower percentage, e.g. Shoot 800-1200 frames and select the best 300-400 frames for the proms. You could probably push the exposure up a little too. I take one picture for the surface (about 1,500 frames) and over expose for the proms with a second picture of about 800 frames, combine in your favourite post processing package.

Robin

Superb!! excellent detail, yes more frames would cut the noise out a bit but I find proms very hard, the brighter you go the more noise you get anyway, it is always a bit of a fight to get a good balance. The longer the avi, the more chance of blur as the prominence moves too.

Alexandra

Archived