Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Get your gear out tonight.Uk looks clear.!!!

Grotemobile

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PanStarrs first then coming home. Might do a galaxy hunt myself. Never really gotten stuck into the virgo galaxies with any real gusto. It's been good seeing of late and vigro is pretty well placed so might be time to try and get those Messiers up a bit!

This must be one of those April Fool's Day things ;) ....clouds as per normal here :(.

Think you may be right, its a hazy overcast, and windy in my neck of the woods.

I just got a tracking mount for our little refractor, and was hoping to get a chance to use it this weekend; unfortunately I need a proper grounded European to UK mains adapter. Anyway, got the scope cooling on the manual mount. Maybe some of us will get lucky tonight.

I set up ye olde scope at dusk and I'm just heading out see if I've jinxed the sky for everyone :)

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk HD

I think we would all agree, its ok if you want to take the blame. :grin:

I think we would all agree, its ok if you want to take the blame. :grin:

Well I'm alright :D

Just bagged m81 and m82. The skill there isn't finding them so much as handballing a clunky old equatorial so near the pole :)

Off for a to find m1 and possibly vesta now...

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk HD

Back to work for me tomorrow so just a quick hour outside. Jupiter looks good tonight and took a bit more mag than usual. I used Astro Tools on my phone for the first time and it helped me find M1, which was as faint as a very faint thing, but definitely found :)

No cloud here but LVM about 3 :mad:

Trying for M65/66 easy you'd think, even without GOTO, just draw a line between theta and iota Leonis and split the difference. Ha ha theta is *just* visible, iota nowhere to be seen. My red torch has run its battery down {memo to Skywatcher Make it easier to replace the battery dummies}, and CdC thinks M66 is somewhere in UMa

Fed up. Exceedingly so :mad:

4 days off work and the clear skies turn up the night before you have to go back to work.... :(

Ho Hum...

Peter...

My sentiments entirely except my skies are orange cloud. I missed my one night of clear sky by having my birthday on that day and having a meal booked.

Archived