Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BBC The sky At Night

Itabot

Does it appear on iPlayer?

I can't find it and last time I looked at the S@N website it said it was currently unavailable on iPlayer.

Over the years one of my greatest annoyances with S@N has been the horrid broadcast times of the programme. When you look at the mindless, wall to wall tosh that they throw out at times when children are watching yet they can't even find half an hour once a month during the early evening for S@N!!

Their obvious re-buff will be that with modern equipment we can watch what we want when we want, but that hasn't always been a viable excuse...

Does it appear on iPlayer?

I can't find it and last time I looked at the S@N website it said it was currently unavailable on iPlayer.

Over the years one of my greatest annoyances with S@N has been the horrid broadcast times of the programme. When you look at the mindless, wall to wall tosh that they throw out at times when children are watching yet they can't even find half an hour once a month during the early evening for S@N!!

Their obvious re-buff will be that with modern equipment we can watch what we want when we want, but that hasn't always been a viable excuse...

I agree completely, looks like one monthly episode after midnight and not currently on BBC iplayer.

Is this a underhand way of the BBC starting to getting rid of S&N now that Sir Patrick has gone. Would it be a good idea for all us star watchers to write , Email or contact the BBC to make sure we have our voices heard..

Clear skies

phill

I only watch on Iplayer and am used to having to wait 5 days for it to appear and the episodes only seem to be up for a week or two, even when Sir Patrick was still around. I really wish they would just keep them up for the whole month if not longer. I missed the last episode because I couldn't find a working proxy.

as an aside, I am happy they are still showing past segments with Sir Patrick on it. Great to still see the respect for the past on that show.

I asked Chris Lintott about this via Twitter:

Stephen Usher@bulletford 10h

Looks like #bbcskyatnight has no extended repeat on #BBC4 this month. Hopefully not internal politics trying to kill it. @chrislintott news?

The response was:

chrislintott@chrislintott 7h

@bulletford Should be on a week on Thursday - 1st broadcast is the 1st Sun. of each month, with BBC4 on following Thu. Complicated, I know!

So, there you are!

Yes the extended version (if you can call 30 mins as being extended) is on this Thursday at 7:30pm as per normal.

I really liked this months edition, it was a very peaceful very atmospheric edition, I love that type of program, very calming and pleasant to watch and learn from.

I just wish they would extend it to an hour - not a lot to ask for especially as it's only once a month.

Archived