Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

3 in 1 portable jumpstart - can this power a EQ5 goto

Ah, nice one!

Really want to take my scope to a dark place but cant afford the 60£ proper power pack, so its a bonus that one of these can do the job until my budget can accommodate a skywatcher powertank.

Thanks for the info folks :)

Regards

Aenima

Ah, nice one!

Really want to take my scope to a dark place but cant afford the 60£ proper power pack, so its a bonus that one of these can do the job until my budget can accommodate a skywatcher powertank.

Thanks for the info folks :)

Regards

Aenima

I wouldn't bother with the Skywatcher one. The Maplins ones are better and cheaper. I had the £60 Skywatcher , it used to run out of juice all the time. I manage to damage it and so bought a Maplin one on special offer for £25. It's a lot better, doesn't run out of juice unless you try and hook up a fan heater to it. I only did that once. Also you can charge and use them at the same time, you can't do that with the Skywatcher. BTW The Celestron one is identical to the Skywatcher.

Awesome news. Thanks for the warning, though in general skywatcher does some good stuff there are some things that get priced a little above what i'd have expected.

I was running my az goto 130p off a adapter from a battery charger, but the EQ5 needs a good 2amps or more to slew properly so I had to buy a specific mains adapter. Hopefully this jumpstarter can give the goto enough juice to run well.

Appreciate the heads-up, cheers :)

Aenima

Archived