Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51-L

MikeD

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been thinking about adding mine to the mix for the mono camera too, but dont really fancy wasting clear sky time testing between the two options, clear nights being rare as they are. With the fov offered by the C11 gradients from LP aren't too bad, but i'm using a Skywatcher Esprit 150ED at the moment and that gives a lot more sky to think about.

Have you got any convincing results one way or t'other with/without the CLS Mike?

Cheers

Tim

I've been thinking about adding mine to the mix for the mono camera too, but dont really fancy wasting clear sky time testing between the two options, clear nights being rare as they are. With the fov offered by the C11 gradients from LP aren't too bad, but i'm using a Skywatcher Esprit 150ED at the moment and that gives a lot more sky to think about.

Have you got any convincing results one way or t'other with/without the CLS Mike?

Cheers

Tim

Here is M33's core with CLS/RGB (note there is no Ha data for this image) I am not sure if it is just with the HX916 but the extra long R subs required to get the G2v weights the same really upped the Ha response of the RGB data.

M51 will be the test that I will have both types of RGB data to compare.

Mike.

m33-2012-LRGB5.jpg

Just managed to grab a single 10 second sub for each RGB filter with the CLS in line on a G2v star between the clouds.

It looks like I will lose the Ha advantage the hx916 AND G2V/CLS imaging gave me .

The ratio comes out

R = 1.38

G = 1

B = 1.37

Mike.

Lovely image Mike - interesting to read about you using a CLS filter in line with your filter wheel - I've just added an IDAS LPS to mine (but I haven't seen any clear sky since to test it out). Also - another vote for using a DMK21 as a guide camera - it's never failed to find a convenient star yet..and of course it's dual use.

Archived