Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SUPATrak Auto with DSLR

Csharmy

I'm able to fix my DSLR to my SUPATrak Auto mount that came with my 130P.

So my question is if I aligned my mount with Polaris could I set my mount to cancel out the star trails so I could get some longer exposures?

I still haven't quite worked out how to use the tracking functions yet but was wondering if it would be possible.

Cheers,

Chris

star-trails you shuold be able to cancel out with tracking, yes. Polar alignment is only needed for an EQ mount though, not the type that you have.

But like Peter said, your mount is always going to track in a zig-zag motion, so the best option would be to use a wide-field lens on the camera, like 50-200mm to make the stars look better when doing longer exposures.

You can still not do very long exposures with that mount as the sky will rotate as well - wich your mount isn't compensating for. But a few sec shuold absolutely be possible.

Combine that with a fast lens and you shuold be able to get nice results after stacking some of them. :)

Archived