Pimp my scope

MikeD

My 80Ed was looking a bit battered with marks and scrapes from my series of home made guide rings over the years.

So I printed off( at work) the core shot of M33 I took, on vinyl and slapped it on the scope today.

Mike.

post-730-0-91757600-1364650630_thumb.jpg

i really dig it. I was thinking of going the route of using faux leather contact paper, but the weight keeps me questioning that thought so I never followed through. I have a bigger tube though

I was thinking of getting a printed magnetic or vinyl stick on 'note pad' type page to record a nights observing using a wipe off marker of some kind. So I can keep a tally of what I've seen for writing up in the morning. Saves having to keep a pen and pad handy next to my sky atlas and red light and host of other things that are easy to drop. Would find some sort of magnet for the pen too of course.

Mike, I like your style! I notice a lot of american astronomers seems to like the 'alternative' livery on the the tube rather than the conservative white look. You never know, you might have started a trend! :grin: :grin:

James

Archived