Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First serious imaging with New Set up SH2-108 in Cygnus

CELESCOPE

At last, but what a night , no chance of imaging if i did,nt have the Dome ,and even with that the wind was so strong , i kept loosing my guide star, but managed to salvage 23 x 5 min subs ,lost about 7 subs.

Using the ED80 Equinox for imaging,and Guiding with big boy C11, QHY5 guide camera , and PHD Guiding,

But best of all trying out the new 6Nm High -Alpha Filter , and a stunner it turned out to be ,

I must say i now think i,m on the right road at last after a long process of getting this all set up , the worst night to try this , so on a still night ,well!! i just cant wait, i may try to get colour on this image ,as i think maybe some reflection neb could be in there , anyway hope you like it

Rog

2238_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Rog, excellent capture of dust and pinpoint stars...and on a windy night. I'm happy for you that the Obsy is becoming useful and enjoyabe now. I too can't wait to see your Winter presentations of beautiful wonders.

Doug

Hi KK , well its supposed to be the sweet spot for HA imaging , also the moon with this one ,just wont bother the imaging, supposed to be shorter exposures as well , i could see the difference with one sub , an amazing detailed image, at 30 sec download , it was sharp as a pin, the longer exposures smooth it right down , very pleased so far with it and at the same cost ,as the 13nm HA , BUT NOT FOR LONG.

Rog :D

An excellent detailed image.

I have the 13nm filter it would be interesting to see how it compares. I believe the 6nm dims the stars more ( I may be wrong :D) so I went for the 13nm with my small 130mm telescope.

John

yes i have the 13nm as well John , there is a difference in the data i got , the stars well , did,nt see much difference really , i use my star treatment anyway to make them smaller and dimmer, its just my taste i like to bring the nebula out, not to worried about the stars as long as they are round , i know alot of ppl like bright stars as well , its just a personal taste i guess

Rog :D

All the hall marks of a Warner image - lots of detail, very smooth with low noise and nice tight stars. Great job Rog. I think the 13nm filter does give more natural stars but where it is better than 6/7nm narrow band filters is at short focal lengths - under F6. The band shifts when using a fast scope. A 13nm filter continues to let through the Ha but narrower pass filters start to loose the Ha band. Not a problem for what you are doing Rog. The 6nm must be better when there's a moon around.

Archived