Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

AstroGnome

*** - Sixpenny Handley Star Party 2013 - ***

Anyone bringing a DOB with them? i'd like to have a look if i could as i'm thinking of getting one for when the imaging rig is doing its thing. It'll allow me to make use of my eyepieces as well.

Cheers

We'll be bringing the Skyliner 250PX, you're welcome to have a look --- for some jaffa cakes :grin: :grin: ........

Alan

Edited by AstroTux

Bah.. can't do this or Keeling Heath.. starting next year I should have some time!

I'll be bringing a 12 inch dob (in need of mirror recoating, so not running on all thrusters :-))....still should be pretty good though.

We'll be bringing the Skyliner 250PX, you're welcome to have a look --- for some jaffa cakes :grin: :grin: ........

Alan

LOL cheers guys, i will be bringing Jaffa cakes for you both......

I am beginning to believe after SGL8 that i could actually buy someones scope off them with enough jaffa cakes

See you there

Any chance someone could decide to turn up on spec? My mate Simon is a newbie and might be able to come along in his wee tent. He wouldn't need EHU.

I am beginning to believe after SGL8 that i could actually buy someones scope off them with enough jaffa cakes

I guess you could, but the exchange rate is not very favourable for the jaffa cake at the moment, so you'd probably lose on the deal................. :grin: :grin: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Alan

I'll be bringing a 12 inch dob (in need of mirror recoating, so not running on all thrusters :-))....still should be pretty good though.

Just to continue down the size list, I'll have my 8" 200P with me :)

(Still trying to work out how to fit it in the tent...)

I started to break all my gear down last night, my scope and surrounding kit are sitting in a pile ready to go.

I ditched the tent and bought myself an OLD!!!! motor-home, I've the rest of the week to try and get that in order before setting of Monday. Now heres hoping for some clear skies & reliable motoring

Really looking forward to next week now.

Yep getting that star party feeling now. I will have to start composing a target list soon. I will bring the 10" dob for sure, but I don't know whether to bring the C9.25 with web cam and video cam as well. I might wait nearer the time to see what the conditions are like.

Are there plenty of EHU's to go round? Just so I know whether to bring my power pack or not.

Phil... There are plenty of hook ups in the spot we have.

Vince.... I've added you to my list, welcome aboard.

I'm getting quite excited now. :grin:

Anyone after any particular tagets next week?

Maybe your old motor home..........   :grin: :grin: :grin::evil: :evil: :evil:. Oh, you meant astronomical targets!!

Maybe your old motor home..........   :grin: :grin: :grin::evil: :evil: :evil:. Oh, you meant astronomical targets!!

LOL you might not say that once you've seen it :grin:

I`ve started on what is likely an over ambitious list but you never know!

Uranus        ( opposition 3rd )

Dwarf planet Eris        ( opposition 15th in Cetus )

Comet ISON

Mars         23  degrees alt in the morning

Comet 2P/Encke              mornings near to Pollux

more to follow no doubt.

Hi All,

I'm not going to get chance to print out the welcome packs for you so i've attached it here. Site info and the astronomical data.

I'll be arriving on Sunday and will try to do a daily weather update from the site each day. Fingers crossed....

6dH info.doc

6dH almanac 13.xls

Thanks for the details, Mark.    Having been woken at 6am by a seemingly endless thunderstorm, I am now spending this pouring rain morning starting to assemble / list what I need to take with me. When I get a bit of clear weather in the next couple of days I will have to unbolt my beautifully polar aligned mount from my pier, boo-hoo. Maybe I should just bring my dob instead, and do spectroscopy ;)

Allan

I'm not going to be able to make it, I've been under the weather for a few weeks now and thought I'd have recovered by now. I'm gutted as i was really looking forward to it :-(

Have a great time everyone.

Ian

I'm booked for Kelling, but would like to come again if possible to a future star party. 

I've decided that I have had enough of camping, not the camping itself but the effort involved with all the packing and pitching and getting stuff up and down from the loft etc etc so from 2014 onwards I am going to book a pitch for my astro kit with hook up but sleep and eat in some permanent set up, caravan, chalet, nearby B&B or whatever. 

I've already booked a chalet and pitch for Kelling 2014. 

Is there anything along these lines at Sixpenny Handley?

Permanent caravan to let, nearby B&B etc?

Carole

Hi All.

Well I've arrived and pitched up. The site owner is as 'friendly' as ever (those who've met him know what i mean).

The weather isn't looking brill for the week but hey, there's still beer and food on site to enjoy.

I'll see you, each and all, as you arrive. Look for the big blue tent and big blue land rover at the top of the site.

Mine's a pint....

• Like 1

Thanks Allan,  I've saved that to my favourites so when the next opportunity comes round it's to hand.  Just need some-one to shared with to cut the cost.

Carole