Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

AstroGnome

*** - Sixpenny Handley Star Party 2013 - ***

Not too far from me, will need to check my work schedule for that part of the year as I am off on my second migration from the 15th for a month and have agree to cover a few of the Guys when they are off, will need to check free dates and get back to you...might end up coming down for an afternoon and an evening, perhaps overnight one of them depending on work....may see if I can drag some others along too...

Hey i'm there Saturday night as well!!!

at least that's what i asked for

Understood, i'll update my copy....

It is a couple of years since I last attended the Sixpenny Handley Star party and would love to join you all this year, but won't know for some time if I can make it. Hopefully there will still be room once I find out if I can attend. Fingers crossed.

There'll be room. The site has agreed to expand the space to fit us in. Plenty of space for everyone. Hope to see you there....

Just a quick 'bump' for the thread in case anyone missed out on the announcement a while back.

Plenty of space available....

M.... :smiley:

Thanks for 'bumping'. We did miss it the first time.

Will check at work and book next week.

Dana and Marion

Hi AstroGnome, Yep. Kes and I will be attending as well. I'll be booking sometime this month when we've sorted holiday time out.

Still haven't got everything sorted at work for this, thanks for the reminder :)

Booked, 3 nights Thu - Sun :D

See you there Kev, we're booked for the nights of Saturday and Sunday. How much beer should we bring????? :grin: :grin: :evil: :evil:

Alan

Only just noticed this thread - is this the site that was used for the Salisbury Star Party a few years ago?

Attached is a brief site guide (how to get there, where we are on site, etc) and a list of local places to visit during the daytime. Copies will be in your info pack when you arrive on site.

Not long now.... :smiley:

6dH info.doc

Alright Mark

Nearly there now, Hyperstar is on the way so looking forward to trying it down there & then pestering you with questions about everything!!!!

I fancy this one, plus I`m free to attend from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. If all is OK, I will make a booking soon.

All good Phil, you're on my list. Just pm me when you've confirmed with the site.

I fancy this one, plus I`m free to attend from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. If all is OK, I will make a booking soon.

We were heading to Kelling, but it's a heck of a drive, I'm away straight afterwards for a couple of months and Sixpenny Handley is just down the road, so we'll be there. Not sure what dates yet.

Phil - that's great, look forward to seeing you there.

Rob - glad you'll be able to join us again (I presume it's 2 people plus Nelson?)

Astrokat - you'r more than welcome to join us.

Just PM me when you've booked with the site so I can add you to my lists (over 15 people have booked so far....)

M....

Hi All,

Not long now :grin:

I can tell you now that we have got more people booked at the site than last year, but there's enough room for anyone who's still thinking of coming....

Look forward to seeing you all there.

M....

I'm booked in for the Monday through to Saturday nights, can't wait and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Cheers,

Ian

Anyone bringing a DOB with them? i'd like to have a look if i could as i'm thinking of getting one for when the imaging rig is doing its thing. It'll allow me to make use of my eyepieces as well.

Cheers

I'll be bringing a 12 inch dob (in need of mirror recoating, so not running on all thrusters :-))....still should be pretty good though.