Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

*** - Sixpenny Handley Star Party 2013 - ***

Hello All,

Following the modest success of last years event I'm happy to anounce that the second "Sixpenny Handley Star Party" is launched.

I've just spoken to the friendly Church Farm Campsite in the village of Sixpenny Handley, Wiltshire (www.churchfarmcandcpark.co.uk) and they are happy to accommodate us again this year. Those who've been to this site before will agree it is a very nice place to stay.

The dates are the 30th September to 6th October (Monday to Sunday), It will be possible to arrive on the first Sunday (29th), which is when I'm arriving, if you wish. I suspect most will just want the long weekend (4th -6th). This is also coincides with the quite large, star party up t'north. So if us southerners don't fancy the long drive north we now have an alternative.

As with last year this is more of a social event so there wont be any formal events going on but if the weather is decent then a BBQ on the saturday will be on the books. There will be a basic welcome pack with astronomical data, etc for attendees though including the usual name/tent badges.

As before I don't want any involvment in the money bit so bookings will be directly with the the camp site (on 01725 552563), say you're with the star party (give them the dates and my name as well) A small discount may be made for us. Numbers are only limited by the site and whoever else may be booked in that week. So get in early. Please PM me when you have booked so I can keep track of numbers and names of who's coming.

Hope to see you in October....

Mark Whitehouse....

(Post comments etc to this thread and I'll also publish an attendees list here)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would come, it's just up the road from where I'm moving to, but I'm already booked to go to kelling the same week. If it doesn't clash next year ill def come.

I looked at alternative dates but there seems to be a star party on every moonless weekend in september, october and november. So I thought i'd go with the best option, start of the dark nights but not yet freezing (I hope).

Incidently, LuLu has won the coveted golden Jaffa Cake for being the first confirmed booking, congratulations....

Likewise I'll walk in as I'm reasonably close - no problem with car headlights for people arriving late or is there a curfew?

Colin

The car park's well enclosed from where we will be on site so headlights there will be no problem.

Archived