Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from Indonesia

zoneca

Hi all. I'm from Indonesia. For those who don't know Indonesia you may ever heard about Bali. I guess it will be more famous than Indonesia it self.

I found that this forum is a big help for me. Thanks for all the members in this forum that has contributed tons of valuable informations to help others including me that i managed to get what equipments i need to enjoy the same hobby as you. To see what you see, to feel what you feel & to enjoy the amazing spectacular sceneries under the same sky. I truly enjoy this forum, it gives me lots of improvement. Cheers. .. clear sky for you....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, welcome to SGL u wont get many replies at the moment as its 2.10am monday morning here in the uk. You'll find lots of great advice on the forum & the answers to probably any question you can think of. :smiley:

Steve

PS I've a good friend who lives in Jakarta & he loves it over there, sure beats the snow & freezing weather we're all getting right now :mad:

Zoneca,

A big Star Gazer Welcome from snowy Bulgaria at the moment, though it is normally Sunny. I have seen you on site before and it would be great to see you join in on the forums, it can be a little frightening at first.

As you know I do your Country fairly well but not the part you live in. One of the girls in the hotel in Jakarta, Risa, used to take care of me with wine and taught me a few words, she was always telling me I drank too much, typical woman. Risa went to work on your Island. I have to say until this I didn't think it was part of Indonesia, but that just shows how little I know.

Welcome on board and enjoy.

Alan.

Welcome...do you get clear skies, plus the humidity must make some problems with seeing.

So far, I only got 2 hours of clear sky since I bought my scope. haven't got a chance to see more messier objects.

yeah Alan, the city I live in is only a small city which is not famous at all. If you know Jakarta and ever been there, it means you know a lot already. not many people come to south east asia country as their tourism destination unless they have business relation.

thanks all for the warmness welcome.

A very warm welcome from a very snowy and freezing cold North West England, yes with all

that heat and humidity you have as many problems as we do, nothing is simple, so ask away

you will find the answer here.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Welcome to SGL!

I was invited to lecture in Indonesia in 2009, and visited Surabaya, Semarang, and Yogyakarta, along with various trips (like to the Bromo volcano). It is a stunningly beautiful place, and our welcome there was amazing. I did not have a scope with e at that time, which was a real pity, because the night sky over the Bromo volcano was magnificent.

I am looking forward to hearing your observing reports

Cheers

Michael

A warm welcome to the forum.

I can't claim to know a lot about Indonesia and have never travelled as far as Asia, but I do have a little familiarity from various TV documentaries, nature and cookery programmes which are broadcast here in the UK. I can certainly picture some stunning scenery. My earliest memory of reading about the country is from Douglas Adams' Last Chance to See, a travelogue/nature book which included a visit to Komodo to see the famous dragons, which I read as a teenager. I knew Indonesia is one of the most populous countries, but was a little surprised to see it's actually 4th on the list. The UK is tiny in comparison, less than 1/8th the area, or about half as big as Sumutra alone.

Archived