SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

1st Rosetta nebula

Pete Presland

this is my 1st Rosetta nebula, taken from a fairly light polluted back garden using a modded canon 350D, & 200 PDS.

30 x 180 secs, plus darks and lights. much harder even with a modded DSLR than i thought it would be, light pollution really does make the job much harder.

stacked in DSS and processed in CS2. i was concerned that my M42 was a little too red, this was the opposite to begin with. as usual all opinions gratefully recieved!

post-5271-0-14978700-1364151910_thumb.jp

Really nice image there Pete, I love the Rosetta neb, Its very promising to see what the 350D is capable of as I havnt had a chance to use mine yet, although I wont be modding it for a while.

Steve

really tough from my garden, i tried longer subs but the light pollution just washed out the nebula

really tough from my garden, i tried longer subs but the light pollution just washed out the nebula

Lp is a real pain but even so, in my inexperienced opinion I think you've got some good detail in there & (having seen a few images of the same target taken with 'un'modded DSLR's) you can definatley see a marked difference with the mod carried out.

Btw did you replace the ir filter or just leave it with nothing?

Archived