Agena-Any good??

nephilim

Continuing my endless research for new EP's, I've come across these http://agenaastro.co...a-eyepiece.html I'm looking at either the 26mm, 30mm or both. Does anyone have any experience with them, as for 2" EP's they seem very reasonably priced. I'll be using them in my 200p f5 & as I wear glasses I'd like good eye relief (the cloudy nights review says the eye relief is good but I'd like opinions from anyone on here aswell) Thanks

Steve

They look a lot like SW Panaviews same FL's too.

Funny you should say that mate as thats what I was thinking, my first choice at the moment for the 28-32mm (depending on which size will give me the best views of globs & open clusters) IS the Panaview 32mm & although if I got the Agena's from usa, after tax, VAT & whatever else this poxy country decided to steal off me, it'd be more or less the same price as the Panaview if I bought just one, but if I get some favourable answers here (& whatever else I can find out about em online) then I'd be tempted to get the 26mm,32mm @ 2" & maybe the 15mm @ 1.25" & that will save me £££.

Steve

I brought the 32mm & it's not a bad eyepiece for the price although a little soft on the edges in my 200P (F5)

Thanks Tich, thats what I've read about the Panaview aswell which wouldnt bother me that much..........So many choices :confused:

Archived