Astrodon Filters

hypnotoad

Has anyone ordered filters from the USA, as I going to buy a set of Astrodon photometric filters.

I am wondering what import duties one would have to pay; I assume I will have to pay VAT.

Hypnotoad......................

Import duty only kicks in at a certain tolerance, more than £150 i think. A filter would likely slip in without import duty charges assuming its less than that.

VAT is +20% on the goods not the shipping, and usually the carrier charges about £8 on top for some administration recoup.

Hi Cheers for that, I think I will probably be hit on the duty as Im thinking of getting a photometric ubvri set, and they would cost $700.

Possibly, I could order them one at a time to avoid the duty?

hypnotoad............

it's a balancing act, multiple shipping eats up funds as well, sticking it all in a single box cuts that cost but puts it into a different threshold for the duty. Calculate for duty included, you might get lucky.

My last parcel came in half the charges of what I thought it would, i didnt argue.

That`s a good point, better to bite the bullet as they say and hope the charges are not too much. Possibly, the total cost may be £600?

just a guess. But I`m sure they would be cheaper than buying them here ?

Regards

hypnotoad........................

Archived