Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Shropshire

Richard G

Hello all,

I'm completely new to astronomy but a recent move to a house in deepest darkest Shropshire with a very big sky above has prompted the purchase of a telescope - something I've always wanted.

Spent yesterday building the scope (SW200P/EQ5). Wow! It's a beast but really enjoyed the unpacking and construction.

I think I have a basic grasp of RA, Dec, azimuth etc. now.

Hoping for some clear skys soon. I'm already slighly obsessed with cloud cover.

I have lots of basic questions of couse, but everyone seems very friendly and helpful here.

Hoping for good things.

Richard.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Richard welcome to the lounge, nice bit of kit you have, lot's of information here, friendly and knowledgeable

people will help you, just ask. lot's of snow here on the Wirral and more for tomorrow so no clear sky's for a while.

Good luck with the new scope.

Hi Alistair,

North of Shrewsbury. Nothing much but fields around here and not much light pollution. We've had some great views of the stars since moving here two years ago so just had to get a scope.

Hello Richard and welcome to SGL!! That's a good scope you have - all you need now are some clear skies. Ask away if you have any questions - folk here are always willing to help (especially when spending other peoples money :p ).

Hello all,

I'm completely new to astronomy but a recent move to a house in deepest darkest Shropshire with a very big sky above has prompted the purchase of a telescope - something I've always wanted.

Spent yesterday building the scope (SW200P/EQ5). Wow! It's a beast but really enjoyed the unpacking and construction.

I think I have a basic grasp of RA, Dec, azimuth etc. now.

Hoping for some clear skys soon. I'm already slighly obsessed with cloud cover.

I have lots of basic questions of couse, but everyone seems very friendly and helpful here.

Hoping for good things.

Richard.

Hello Richard and welcome. I'm only in Nantwich so if you need a bit of a hand just let me know. I like a pint too :)

Dave

Archived